Friday, October 23, 2009

The One

I am very happy and quite humbled to report that after carefully reviewing and analyzing surrogate profiles, we have selected and formally reserved a lovely surrogate to carry for us! I can't believe I just wrote that - OMG, I am beyond excited!!!!!

For blog purposes, we will call her "R".  We know we shouldn't read too much into her profile and photos, but we can't help ourselves. R has a beautiful, genuine smile and sincere eyes. She describes herself as calm, quiet and understanding - hopefully, she can teach us the secret! Oh, and she is all of 5'2" and a whopping 112lbs, which will make me look like a horse next to her. Ugh!

Anyway, we have dreamed of this day, the day when we could say we've secured a surrogate who will be carrying our child. Not only are we thrilled, we are forever grateful. Thank you R!

4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!! you're getting closer and closer, I wish we can just pick one already..lol..

    GOOD LUCK & ALL THE BEST HUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Vered, JJ and myself are happy and excited for you. This is a beginning of a beautiful friendship. and much more. Enjoy the journey. We love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shannon :)

    I've been following your blog for a while, hope that is ok :)

    We are a Norwegian couple who is going to Mumbai in december, we are also doing this through SI and chose our surrogate angel a week ago :) We are so excited :)

    Tell me if you want to "talk" through emails more privatly :)

    Thank you for sharing your journey

    Hugs from Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! This must be so overwhelming. I have some stupid questions I will save for our breakfast...you know I'd be the one to have them!

    ReplyDelete